Wednesday 31 July 2013

Haeundae beach and Dongbaek island




 My first visit to Haeundae beach was, with one word, awesome. 
It happened on a sunny Wednesday, 5th of September 2012. 

That's the same day when I took the 115-1 for the first time! 
(My favourite bus-line of all times, that bus started to feel like home later on.)

I lived so close to the beach that it was easy to take a bus there, any time I wanted. And oh yes I wanted. This place is heavenly.



When I saw Haeundae beach for the first time ~~






Pigeons!

Ok, everyone knows that I have a habbit of talking to, I mean with, birds (other animals too, but it's the best to make fun of birds in their native language)

"Are you Korean chicks? 만나서 반갑습니다!"




 Sunny day turning into a sunny evening.
















August and september of 2012 were HOT with a big H, not to mention all the other big letters following it, so it was nice to play in the water and run around without shoes on. 


This is what I absolutely love about the sea - Waves!

 

Haeundae beach has shown me HUGE waves, so big that my inner surfer gets excited, but these were little baby-waves, welcoming my feet for an evening-swim!






"So much precious!" 

"Gotta catch 'em all!" 

I love seashells, so I collected few from every beach I visited, and I sent many of those to Finland as a gift. 










Ah what a wonderful life with friends, by the cooling sea and under the warm evening sun!














Sun setting behind Marine City of Haeundae <3 














This kind of moments remind me again that the world is a beautiful place.
















Hotels and restaurants near the beach. 













Haeundae beach and Dalmaji hill. 

There is some unfinished tall buildings, which are actually quite finished nowadays. Koreans are really fast builders! 

Those buildings became to rule the scenery with modern chic look, and they look really big even when they are unfinished.









The little mermaid of Haeundae. 
 (Princess Hwangok statue.)




















Sunset starting to paint the skyline with all it's lovely colours.













 Dalmaji hill seen from Dongbaek island. 

I have so many good memories of taking long evening walks at Dongbaek island. 


동백섬 <3 









Actually there are many "Dongbaek islands", named after a type of tree.

Looks closely and you will also see the mermaid statue staring at the sea.












One of my favourite views! 

The sunset reflects from any shiny objects, like windows and glass-like walls of tall buildings. 

It's good to sit here and look at the city-life from another point of view. 











The lighthouse and sunset!

This part of the evening walk always had adorable, dreamy wave-sounds.












A lovely view to Gwangan bridge (광안대교)and Igidae (이기 대).














Nurimaru APEC-house and behind it Gwangan bridge.


















Warm evenings and good views are always the best!

















Sunset colours all the clouds pink and violet. 

At the right side, Oryukdo islets.












Gwangan bridge and Gwangalli beach 
(광안리)













I never get tired of this view, no matter how many times I visit Dongbaek island.

It's always the best to sit down and listen to the crashing waves while watching the lights on the bridge slowly turning on as the sun sets.











Evening turning into a night. 














APEC-house and the view behind it. 

Now Gwangan bridge is already lit up like a candle! The lights are awesome, especially when the weather is this clear, when we can see all the lights of the city and mountains on the background.











Gwangan bridge in all its glory! 

















<3




















Haeundae beach at night. 
















Walking back to Haeundae beach.

And looks at this creepy monster I caught in the picture! :D

















Romantic stairs continue, continue, continue ~~ 
















 Haeundae beach looks awesome with all the city lights <3








And again the romantic stairs take me closer to the beach. 











Shhhhh the mermaid is sleeping ~~

Just kidding, she never sleeps. She is the princess who is guarding the beach with intensive stare.














 City lights <3 

















City lights from another angle.















The beach looks empty at nights, but there is always some couples taking a romantic walk. And of course grannies, always the grannies. 














Ah, a restaurant that I loved very much! 
Unfortunaly, it is no more. Nowadays the whole building is gone :'( 

In my memories, this is still one of the most dear places to me in Busan. 












Meat! Oh the beautiful meat! 

Before Korea I didn't eat much meat at all, actually long ago I was a vegeterian, but in Korea meat is a must! 

It's too good to be true. Even the smell of the grilled meat and onion is heaven. 









Haeundae beach and Westin Chosun hotel. 

I will tell about my visit to Westin Chosun later, it's an awesome hotel with all the things you need to feel like you are in luxury heaven!













Busan Aquarium! 

So many sweet memories, so many stories to tell! 









In the end, what makes a woman interested in walking at the city after dark? Shopping! And all the shops stay open at least until 9.


Oh, I can't resist ~~ shoes!






 

 

So, Haeundae beach, my love. Thank you for the first memories with you.




1 comment:

  1. How much korean could you speak when you moved there? How did you learn it? :)

    ReplyDelete