Monday 13 April 2015

Chinese restaurants and districts

*Drooling sounds* 

I have a confession to make... I think that Chinese food is the best in Asia! 




I'm really bad at remembering names of the places, so why won't you look at his picture of a blooming tree instead. Myeongdong is one of my favourite districts in Seoul, and it's a home to many Chinese families, a haven to many Chinese tourists and the best place for eating some really delicious Chinese food!

Many Chinese-type foods in Korea are made and invented by Koreans for the Chinese tourists, or then the Chinese old dishes were updated to match the taste of the Korean people, and I definitely like the Korean-Chinese taste! 


Since I've been researching the sustainable development in Korea I had to check many facts about the emissions. It's easy to notice that Korean cities have lots of trees growing on the sides of the roads, and many small parks in the middle of the busy districts. This is not only good for the aesthetic value, it's also good for the air! 

The streets near Myeongdong are quite modern, full of a great architecture, little gardens, nice shopping opportunities, restaurants... Many expensive places also. Myeongdong is a very good and safe place for a tourist, but I will tell more about it later. 

But just look at these quiet streets. It's very hard to imagine that very close there are busy streets with lots of Chinese and Japanese tourists, fully booked hotels and hostels, street food vendors, busy restaurants, plus lots of noise (well I already mentioned that there are Chinese people). 

The best places for taking a walk are those ones that are not so knows by tourists, and where locals are still working in their offices. And you can always count on Koreans working in their offices. Seriously they are the most hard working people I have ever known, or should I say at least longest working people! 


Did you know that painting the walls of a restaurant red has a psychological reason? People get hungry and eat more when they see red, since it boosts the appetite. I wonder why Chinese restaurants always have this kind of masks though... The food here is very delicious, and there are many restaurants like this around Myeongdong, all have their own specialties and all that I've tried have been very good, always tasty! 


If you don't feel hungry yet, check out my Instagram-account for more food (@minjahietaniemi)! I update Instragram about 520935 times faster than this blog. Unfortunately. 

Peace ^.^ v 


No comments:

Post a Comment