Friday 10 April 2015

Home sweet home

"Your home is where your heart is." 

I'm going to introduce my where I live, because the views and the surroundings are always important and I want to share that happiness of living in an exciting place. So, if I can see about three noraebangs from my window I'm truly blessed... And even better, there is a beautiful stream with a crystal clear water, mountains, cafés, everything I need to be happy. Maybe the best things is still the amazing views from the rooftop terrace. 







It's nice to sit on the rooftop terrace, eating some evening snack, having tea, watching the sun setting behind the mountains. When I rented this apartment I was really eager to see the views from the terrace and my bedroom window, because I knew I would be able to see these mountains. Totally worth it! Suyu doesn't feel like it's part of Seoul, it feels different, but I can't really explain why. 

At least the atmosphere feels relaxed, like it's a village where everyone knows each other. It's not just the feeling that is different, it's the views also. Compared to the districts closer to the city center, like Gangnam or Itaewon, Suyu is not as modern but it has more character. The place is not known among the tourists so many times I noticed that I'm the only white person around, but it was fine since I was already used to that. 



This is my favourite place during the evenings when I want to spend some peaceful time, sit down and enjoy the fresh air, or go jogging. It's amazing. 



When it's raining, it's amazing to see the clouds approaching. Even better is to see the sun rising or setting, it's overly beautiful! I'm all about the sunrises, and I could see that many times from my bedroom window. 







This terrace is the best place for relaxing while watching the sunset! I used to have breakfast here also. It's really lovely to have my own terrace so that I can sit in my own little "café", no need to go outside. 

By the way, why are all the rooftops in Seoul green? I sometimes asked as a joke if it's because of the aliens (or North-Koreans) so that the city will look like a forest when it's dark. Uhm, maybe not. 




The streets in Suyu are pleasant, and so full of restaurants, bars, cafés and entertainment. It's funny how the bigger streets just few meters away from my apartment are so full of life 24/7, but still my street is so quiet. 




I had never even visited Suyu before moving there, but since the first day I felt like I'm at home. Maybe I was chosen to live here, since I always said that I can't get lost... Well, in Suyu it's easier than you would think. This place is a maze. But I love it! 



Oh and the most important thing, the heart of the home: the fridge! :'D All my usuals, vitamin water, taro milk tea, some kimbap, jelly and tangerines... Just throw in some curry noodles and I would be able to be happy for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment