Monday 13 April 2015

Seokchon lake and the Olympic park


Seokchon lake near Jamsil-station is one of the best places to visit during the spring because the cherry blossoms there are awesome. However this is summer, but what would be a better way to spend a hot summer-day than having a peaceful walk around a lake? 


One of the things that might be destroying the peace and quiet is the Lotte World amusement park and people's screams, but that's a small minus. 


The walking trail around the lake is very good for jogging, hanging out, meeting friends or just sitting and watching the sunset for example. There are also many cafés and restaurants in the area. 




Ah, green tea latte... I don't even have to say anything about this, since people who know me already know how much I love it. It's by far my favourite coffee-beverage, and there are many of them available! You couldn't believe how many kinds of lattes Koreans have invented: green tea, sweet potato, chocolate, vanilla, red  bean... 

I don't know how many people like coffee more when it's cold but I definitely do. Well, during summer it's of course nice, but even during the coldest days of the winter I like to drink my coffee iced. And why? Maybe I've heard the saying "kylmä kahvi kaunistaa" which means that cold coffee is supposed to make you look more pretty..? I don't know if it does, I haven't noticed any difference :D 


It's a very idyllic feeling to sip coffee or tea while watching the pure white birds swim by, and listening to laughing families who are having a picnic. 


The birds might see tourists as a source of food, maybe that's why they kept following me. 


Fishes are not my favourite type of friends, but these are still pretty. I definitely wouldn't swim here, but it's fun to watch kids feeding the carps and whatever type of fishes there are. I love the colours! 


This area has so many parks, benches, cafés and restaurants! 


The entrance of Seoul Olympic Park. Sometimes Koreans shorten the name, as they often do with longer names, and call this place as "Olpark". 


Suomi mainittu! Torilla tavataan! 


The Olympic Park was built to host the 1998 Summer Olympics. The park doesn't only have the facilities needed for hosting olympics, but also museums, rose garden, fortress, hotel and The World Peace Gate. 


The scenery towards the small lake is very beautiful, and the light-show looks even more amazing in real life than in pictures. 


Watching the citylights from here is a very pleasant and calming experience. And especially cooling since the water is spayed up in the air. 


The Olympic Park is an amazing playground also! Kids and their families love to come here to spend some quality time. 


Meanwhile I'm already spending quality time with myself (and some more green tea latte) in a nearby café :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment