Tuesday 14 April 2015

Gangnam

It's much more than just Gangnam Style. 



Gangnam is that lovely part of Seoul where you can see contemporary buildings, lots of restaurants and tourists, and where many singers get their inspirations from (apparently). 



Japanese restaurant that was recommended by a Finnish friend. 




Japanese food but Korean side dishes. This is good! 







A Korean café, and useless Konglish, as always. 



This is the atmosphere that I like! 


Sipping a cold drink while watching the views? Well why not! We visited Gangnam Sky Bar, maybe its name was Sky Lounge though..? Well, who remembers, but it was fun to relax and speak Finnish! 

I don't know what kind of picture do people have in their minds when the name Gangnam is mentioned, but I would assume it's something close to Gangnam style. The people who have actually visited Gangnam know that it's much more. I was sometimes hanging out around those hoods even weekly, but sadly my previous apartment was so far away, on the other side of Seoul. 

I think that one of the best things about living in Seoul is that there is so much to see inside the city, I don't have to travel away from it. I can just take one day, have a holiday, go to see friends, relax and enjoy the atmosphere of a new district or get to know a new restaurant, café or a park. Seoul has so much to offer. 





I have a cherry on my drink and I feel just fabulous up here, thanks for asking! 

I could become a regular customer of this kind of sky bars, at least if they wouldn't be expensive. Gangnam is not the cheapest place by any means, but it's actually not expensive either, if you know the right places. For example Gangnam subway station has lots of cheap clothing and jewelry stores and I have bought my best (and cheapest) handbags from there! 

I'm a person who prefers peace and quiet while meeting friends over noisy clubs. Gangnam (together with Itaewon) is known for the best clubs in Seoul, but I've never been clubbing here. It's just not something I would be interested in, even though I like dancing. This kind of lounging is much more pleasant for me. 




The streets of Gangnam are quite busy, even during late evenings. 



Somehow it's still very peaceful here :) 



Late night walks are my specialty, especially after the rain! The cool air is so refreshing after a hot day. 



Surprise, surprise. Walking makes me hungry and what would be a better way to spend the evening than eating some delicious jjajangmyeon (one of my favourite foods in the world, by the way). 




No comments:

Post a Comment